When you consider using a management consultant, look for the CMC® certification . . . Your organization deserves nothing less.
The Certified Management Consultant™ (CMC®) certification is awarded to those select consultants (only 10,000 worldwide) who have met global
standards for competence, ethics, and results.
The earning of the CMC® by a management consultant is no trivial matter; it can be likened to an attorney passing the Bar, an accountant receiving a
CPA, an engineer obtaining their PE license, or a doctor receiving their medical license. A candidate must submit to the most rigorous vetting
process in the profession that includes receiving satisfaction surveys from clients, taking in-depth examinations covering consulting competencies and
ethics, and sitting for a panel interview by senior CMC®s
Hiring a Certified Management Consultant means that you and your project will benefit from a consultant who demonstrates of the highest level of
competence, as well as:
• A history of results and excellent performance. Evidence of a successful track record is found in client testimonials, references, and repeat
business, all of which are required to maintain their CMC® certification.
• Adherence to the highest ethical standards of the profession. Your CMC® has successfully completing both written and oral ethics examinations covering
commitments to the client, to fiscal responsibility, to the public, and to the profession.
• Experience in the field. A minimum of 4 years of Senior management experience and 5 cases of continuous consulting and successful results are required for certification.
• Life-long professional education. Your CMC® takes advantage of the International Consulting Association's national conferences, local workshops, topical research, the Academy for
Professional Development, newsletters, and other chapter-level offerings.
• A reference network for challenging client problems. They can utilize the International Consulting Association's national database, local chapter reference sources, and the combined
wisdom of the knowledge management created and maintained within the International Consulting Association membership.
Clients can be confident that the consultant who has earned the CMC® certification has a history of excellent performance in delivering results
to clients; has met world-class standards of competence, ethics, and client satisfaction; and has maintained this level of professionalism through
education and periodic certification renewal.
All these give you confidence in knowing that the CMC® you've chosen has passed the toughest certification in the profession. You can be sure that
the same professionalism required for certification will be demonstrated to you.